Location: Artarmon, Sydney
Employer: Philip Chun & Associates Pty Ltd
Salary: to be negotiated with applicant
Closing Date: 29-03-2019
Job Category: Full Time
About the position
Philip Chun is multi-disciplinary consulting company providing certification, building code, accessibility, fire and life safety consulting services to the construction an development industry.
Positions currently exist in our Sydney office for two (2) full-time Access Consultants.
Within this role you will take responsibility for:
- Assess building designs and manage projects to ensure work complies with the relevant Acts, Standards and Codes.
- Prepare access reports as required to satisfy client requirements.
- Carry out site inspections to ensure work complies with relevant Acts, Standards and Codes as it relates to people with disabilities.
- Complete physical access audits and design reviews of existing buildings to assess compliance with the BCA/DDA and associated legislation.
- DDA assessment and reporting throughout all design stages and the approvals process.
- Liaising with consultants on DDA issues.
- Preparing fee proposals.
- Attending client meetings.
- Attending industry forums/seminars to promote Philip Chun Access.
Required skills and qualifications
- Ideally a minimum 2 years practical experience as an Access Consultant.
- Knowledge and experience with DDA, BCA and relevant Australian Standards.
- The ability to work within a team of highly motivated consultants.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills with people at all levels.
- An understanding of the principles of Universal Design.
- Membership or eligibility for membership with ACAA.
- Eligibility to work in Australia - 457 visa applicants can also apply.
An attractive salary package and incentives commensurate with skills and experience will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
If you would like to be considered for the position please forward your resume together with a cover letter outlining your skills and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org