CPPACC4005 Conduct Building Access Audits – 2 days
This course is ideal for people who have responsibility for auditing, reviewing, planning, designing, managing or maintaining buildings, as well as those who are required to provide advice to others regarding access issues in the built environment.
The key elements of access to buildings, including relevant legislation and Disability (Access to Premises – Buildings) Standards 2010 are incorporated. The principles of Universal Design are also explored. Using a wide variety of learning techniques including, discussion, photos, case studies and videos, as well as in class exercises, students learn how to undertake a comprehensive access audit of a building and write an effective, easy to read audit report.
The nationally recognised course provides participants with a practical framework and tools for undertaking an access audit of a building
- Understand Access legislation relating to the built environment
- Understand the principles of Universal Design
- Understand the differences between these
- Learn how to undertake an access audit of a building to meet both minimum compliance requirements and improved outcomes
- Learn how to use a comprehensive access audit checklist, report template and prepare an access audit report.
2 days face to face training session (delivered via video/teleconference) plus 2 months to complete all assignment material. Course fees are exempt from GST.
|Event Date||04-07-2023 10:00 am|
|Event End Date||05-07-2023 4:30 pm|
|Registration closes||03-07-2023 12:00 pm|
|Number Hours||6.5 hours each day|
|Location||Access Institute - Online|